Your Greatest Impact Yet
You may know Australian Breast Cancer Research (ABCR) is part of The Hospital Research Foundation (THRF) Group.
We’re thrilled to share in 2017 THRF Group was able to fund lifesaving research and improve patient care in over 20 different areas of disease and illness in more hospitals and facilities than ever
- $12.5million invested into medical research and patient care to save lives
- $1.8million invested into our research reserve for future lifesaving projects
Your generous support to ABCR has delivered vital medical research and improved patient care directly to your loved ones in an area that matters most to you.
Thanks to your support we were able to progress vital breast cancer research into;
- Exciting new treatments for triple negative breast cancer
- Assessing how our own cancer fighting T cells can be used to treat completely inoperable tumours
- The enzyme peroxidases as well as the protein aquaporin 1 and the role they play in the spread of breast cancer to other parts of the body
- Plus more.
For every $1 you donated in 2017, $4 was provided in grants to lifesaving breast cancer research – yes it’s true! How? Our administration costs are covered by THRF’s commercial business activities (such as its lottery program) which also boosts our funds to research and patient care each year.
You can feel proud knowing your support is making an even bigger difference to the health and wellbeing of your loved ones.
You can learn more about your impact by reading the Full Report.
You’ve helped to save lives. Thank you!